Infertility

Want To Get Pregnant

08/22/2008

Question:

I took the ovulation test that is sold in the pharmacy and I saw the smiley face so my ovulation was on August the 4 2008 and on that date my husband and I made love on that day, and I took anonther ovulation test on August 5 2008 and it was n├ęgative and I did not see the smiley face so I think my ovulation was on Sundy August 3 2008. On Sunday August 3, I did not have the ovulation test but my husband and I made love on that day also, and before I had my ovulation we made love another time. However, on August 1 and 2 2008 we did not make love. Will I have a great chance of becoming pregnant??? If we made love on the day of my ovulation but we stopped making love when I did not have my ovulation any longer will that cause me not to get pregnant?? Should we make love like today August 6, 7 and 8th??? Do I calculate when I should expect my next period??? When should I take a pregnency test???

Answer:

If you have intercourse 1-2 days before ovulation, you have optimized your timing.  If you are not pregnant, you should have a period approximately 2 weeks after ovulation.  If you do not have a period, you should do a pregnancy test.

Go to the Infertility health topic, where you can:

Daniel B Williams, MD Daniel B Williams, MD