Chronic, red, irritated throat

Hello, for the past 5 months or so I have been dealing with this off and one sore throat. With this i have chronic hoarseness,stuffy nose,and general malaise. I f i shine a flashlight into my throat it looks very red on both sides as well as on my uvula. I went to an ent who diagnosed me with LPR. i have had issues with gerd in the past. She put me on 40 mg of prilosiec and zantac at night before bed. I have now gotten a sore throat on my left side which hurts alot when swallowing and clearing my throat.could this be anything else,Like I said it has been going on for a few months now, have had strep tests, given z pac as well with no avail

Pain on one side is always concerning for an abscess, or mass underneath the throat mucosa. If you have not had a CT scan, that is the first place I would start. Also if the mucosa continues to look very red, it would be worth considering a biopsy. I would discuss this with your ENT or family physician.

Siddarth M Khosla, MD Siddarth M Khosla, MD