Water coming out from rectum

08/29/2008

Question:

This year I had surgery to stop my peroids, it was where the doctor put water in the uterious and boiled it. Ever since then when I poop I have water come out onto my underwear, this doesn`t seem right. Nothing is coming from the vagina its just my rectum. Canyou tell me whats going on.

Thank You.

Answer:

Hydrothermal ablation is one method of ablating (or destroying) the lining of the uterus in order to stop or lessen menstrual bleeding. The procedure uses very hot water circulated in the uterus, but the water is removed immediately after the procedure. While the procedure is generally safe, there is a small risk of burns to the vagina or vulva if hot water escapes.

Uncontrolled liquid discharge from the rectum is not normal. If you are definitely experiencing a fluid discharge from the rectum, it is very important that you have an examination of both the vagina and the rectum to be sure that there is not an injury or lesion in this area.

Jonathan  A Schaffir, MD Jonathan A Schaffir, MD
Clnical Associate Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology