Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Mental Health

Cerebral Atrophy



I am a 29 year old female. I`ve been having severe headaches for 6-7 months. Recently I had a ct done at work of my brain the dr. mentioned that there was severe atrophy that could be congential. What should I do and what kind of DR. should I visit.


Good question. You should see a neurologist. When you consult the neurologist, bring a disk with the scan images on it to review as well as the report.

Hope things work out well.

For more information:

Go to the Mental Health health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Stephen F Pariser, MD Stephen F Pariser, MD
Faculty Emeritus
Professor of Psychiatry
College of Medicine
The Ohio State University