Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Dental and Oral Health Center

At home remedies



Is there anything I can do to relieve the swelling of my face until I can go to the dentist? Also, what is the best over the counter pain relief for an abscess?


No, unfortunately there are no good over-the-counter medicines for tooth abscesses.  You need to see your dentist ASAP.  Be sure your temperature does not go above 100 degrees and that you don't start vomiting.

For more information:

Go to the Dental and Oral Health Center health topic, where you can:

Response by:

David Lee Hall, DDS David Lee Hall, DDS
Clinical Associate Professor of Primary Care
College of Dentistry
The Ohio State University