Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook





My boyfriend and I have been trying for a baby for 1 year and have had no luck yet. I have asked my family if there is any chance of me being infertile and they said no because there is no record of anyone else in my family being infertile. However I know that does not matter and I am scared to go to doctors of my age. Having a baby is the most important thing I have ever persued and I think that I am infertile, what should I do? Do you think that this is the case?


If you have been attempting conception for greater than one year without success, you have infertility, and should see your physician for a work-up, before starting any fertility treatment. 

This would consist of a semen analysis, a blood test to see if you are ovulating, and a dye test to see if your tubes are open (hysterosalpingogram or HSG). 

For more information:

Go to the Infertility health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Daniel B Williams, MD Daniel B Williams, MD
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati