Pregnancy

Pregnancy after cervicitis

09/22/2008

Question:

I had cervicitis 4 years ago. It lasted 2 years, my doctor did cryosurgery in me twice. At the same time I was at a high risk pregnancy and end up having an abortion. One year ago I got my fist papsmear showing not inflammation but the doctors always said they "can tell" I got cryosurgery. I`m worry about consecuences. Will this affect getting pregnan? or during the pregnancy? I`m really worry!!

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, we try to answer general questions about pregnancy but cannot diagnose or recommend treatment. You appear to have some very, very specific questions about your cervix, which can only be answered properly by a physician who is familiar with your history, physical exam, and test results. Your questions about the testing results you've been given or the risks, benefits, and alternatives for proposed treatments of this condition need to be directed to your treating physician(s). You should insist that they answer these questions in a way that you are able to understand before consenting to any treatment. If your physician is unable to help you understand these issues, you should get a second opinion. Take care.

Go to the Pregnancy health topic, where you can:

Arthur T Ollendorff, MD Arthur T Ollendorff, MD
Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology