Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook


I Want A Baby



Can you help me?


If you have been attempting conception for greater than 1 year without success, an evaluation followed by treatment, would be recommended.  The evaluation would consist of a dye test to see if the tubes are open, as well as a blood test to see if you are ovulating.  A semen analysis would be recommended for your husband.  A blood test can also be performed to determine whether you are making an egg.  If all testing were normal,  I would consider using fertility shots or pills with insemination (injecting the sperm into the uterus at the time of ovulation).  If pregnancy still has not occurred, I would move to IVF or in vitro fertilization.  You should probably make an appointment with a fertility specialist.

For more information:

Go to the Infertility health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Daniel B Williams, MD Daniel B Williams, MD
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati