Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

Erection problem

Hi I have had erection problems for about 2 years now. I did not discuss with my doctor until last august and he prescribed viagra. This works but removes any spontaneaty from sex. Over the past 2 years, at the same time I had lower back/leg pain issues, which were eventually diagnosed as being sciatic nerve problems caused by a herniated disc in my sacreum area. This eventually led to me having part of the disc removed to free the crushed nerve in August this year. I still have erection issues, mainly that my erections aren`t always hard enough for penetration, or on the ocassion they are, they don`t last. Are the 2 problems I`ve had linked i.e. could the crushed nerve in my lower back have caused the erection issues? If so, can I expect my erections to return once I`m fully recovered from the operation (and how long should this take?)? Many thanks.

It is not clear if the back problems are or were related to the erection problem. You might want to seek out a neurologist and have EMG (Electromyography) testing done. Even then, the answer may still be elusive. For a more spontaneous sexual experience, you can change to daily Cialis, either 2.5 or 5 mg.  Talk to your doctor.

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Allen D Seftel, MD Allen D Seftel, MD
Formerly, Professor of Urology