Since 1995 - Non Profit Healthcare Advice

Ear sensitivity

09/30/2008 09:26PM


Lately I have been getting a sharp pain in my inner right ear when there is a loud noise. Also I get random pains in both but only every once and a while. I was just wondering if I should get this checked by a doctor or if its normal.


Yes, sensitivity to loud sounds (hypercusis) is something that ought to be medically evaluated. An exam by an ENT doctor and a hearing test would be the standard starting point for a patient with your symptoms.

For more information:

Go to the Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders health topic.