Urinary Disorders

Puss cells and Blood in urine

10/13/2008

Question:

Respected Sir, I am 24 year old male. I have a problem from last 4 years. Whenever I go to bathroom for urine there is a burning pain during passing urine. Also at begining, small blood, like a thread, has been encountered. I have performed various test like urine routine where puss cells having beyond their required range. Also urine culture where nothing has been found. Also the test by inserting a strip into the penis, but again the reports will be cleared. Sometimes the urine passes very quickly and no pain occurs, but some time thin pressure and long time wait in the bathroom for its completion. Kindly give me the suggestions what I do. Is there any serious problem with kidney?

Answer:

Burning and blood in the urine are abnormal. It can be caused by infection, stones in the bladder and/or prostate and tumors. As this has been going on for four years tumors are less likely. You need to see a Urologist who should do X-rays of your urinary system(either a CT urogram or an IVP) and a Cystoscopy. I am sure he or she will find the problem and correct it.

Go to the Urinary Disorders health topic, where you can:

Marc F Cymes, PA Marc F Cymes, PA
Clinical Instructor of Urology