Cannot move when sleep. Help!

10/10/2008

Question:

I have a problem which I have when I sleep. Not so often but sometimes I cannot wake up or move while sleeping, and it is not because I don`t want to -- I`m just not able to. Sometimes I find myself with my face down on the pillow and of course its hard to breath in such a way, but I can`t move even if I`m trying so hard. Luckly I manage to make myself to turn. You see the thing is that I am awake in some way, but cannot open my eyes, cannot move my body and it scares me. I feel like I`m tied up. Please explain me what it is. I even don`t know how that condition is called. I`ve never heard from other people that they have such problem. If the explanation of my problem is not clear to you then let me know and I`ll try to explain it better.

Thank you in advance!

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. A question similar to yours has been previously addressed. The links below will connect you to that information. NetWellness may also have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Sleep paralysis
Sleep paralysis, help
Numbness of entire body during sleep

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org