Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Pain Management

Right Eye and Head Pain



I have a chronic pain, which tends to be severe either in the right eye or at the base of my head on the right side. The eye examination did not turn up anything. What should I do and what other tests I should do to find out the cause of my pain and the cure for it


This could be from different sources, such as occipital neuralgia, supra orbital neuralgia, or even a cluster headache. I advise you to see a neurologist who has a headache specialty.

For more information:

Go to the Pain Management health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Hammam  Akbik, MD, FIPP Hammam Akbik, MD, FIPP
Formerly, Assistant Professor of Anesthesia
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati