Vagina hole

11/24/2008

Question:

hi, we are newly weds..for 2 months.. my vagina hole is very small, and its hard to have sex with my husband...because of my problem-tension and little pain. it influence both of us..and i`m really sad to always disappoint him.. i did try to use my finger to put into the hole and extend the muscle there, but still can`t succesfully have intercourse. hope to hear from you soon

Answer:

What you describe is a condition known as "vaginismus," or an involuntary tightening of the muscles around the vagina that makes sex difficult or impossible.

Vaginismus can be triggered by something painful, like a cut or infection, or just by the anticipation of something painful. Some women experience vaginismus after they have had a painful or unpleasant sexual encounter.

Vaginismus is completely treatable, and most women can go on to have healthy sex lives. The treatment combines graduated dilation of the vagina (with plastic dilators) and graduated contact with a partner (i.e., first with no partner, then non-sexual touching, then allowing the partner to participate in sexual touching, and finally attempting coitus) under the supervision of a sex therapist.

If there is an underlying medical or psychological problem (such as a vaginal condition, or anxiety related to a previous rape), this should be addressed as well. Sex therapists in North America can be found through the website www.aasect.org/.

Jonathan  A Schaffir, MD Jonathan A Schaffir, MD
Clnical Associate Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology