Root Canals

Itchy and painful root canal

12/18/2008

Question:

After recently having a painful tooth i was told i would need a root canal filling done. I firstly had a temporary filling to let the pain subside and was told to come back in 3 weeks time. As it reached 3 weeks the pain started to come back a bit. I told my dentist this and he told me it was the lint clove oil running out and he went ahead with the root canal. It was last week that i had my root canal done. Since then my mouth has been pretty painful and i have woke up several times in the night with a throbbing pain, like someone has punched me in the face. The pain has subsided a bit but now it feels really itchy, along my gum and under my tooth. I was wondering whether this is normal? or do i need to seek further treatment?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. A question similar to yours has been previously addressed. The links below will connect you to that information. NetWellness may also have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Pain after root canal?
Post root canal pain
Why does my whole mouth hurt after root canal
Pain and sensitivity after root canal

Go to the Root Canals health topic, where you can:

Melissa McCartney Drum, DDS, MS Melissa McCartney Drum, DDS, MS
Assistant Professor of Endodontics