Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Mental Health

Post-traumatic stress



i have a friend who was raped and is now going threw post termatic stress and depresion what can i do as a friend to help. thank you


It is sad to learn about your friend's situation. What you can do is listen, provide support, and offer referral to a local rape crisis center. The links below can provide you with a place to start for referrals and online help.

If your friend has post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), I recommend a psychiatric evaluation.

Related Resources:

Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network
Women Against Violence

For more information:

Go to the Mental Health health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Stephen F Pariser, MD Stephen F Pariser, MD
Faculty Emeritus
Professor of Psychiatry
College of Medicine
The Ohio State University