Knots under the skin

02/02/2009

Question:

My forehead @ head will sometimes get little knot like things come up.They are itchy @ burn.Sometimes one side of my lip or nose will swell or the palm of my hand.What could this be?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, we try to answer general questions about your skin but cannot diagnose or recommend treatment.

You appear to have a very specific question about your skin, which can only be answered properly by a physician who can look at your skin and is also familiar with your past medical history. Briefly, some of your symptoms (swelling of your lip and hands) could possibly be allergic in nature, or suggest an underlying medical problem. I recommend that you see a doctor to evaluate your problem. If your physician is unable to help you understand these issues, you should get a second opinion with a dermatologist. Take care.

Janine D Miller, MD Janine D Miller, MD
Formerly