Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook


Correction of genu valgum = surgery



My friend suffers from genu valgum. The doctor said that he had a X6 (6 degree ..... ). Can this genu valgum be treated without operation? Are there any device or exercise that can correct this genu valgum? Where can I get one? Thx.


Exercises and bracing may help and have almost no risk compared to surgery.  A physical therapist can help you with the right ones for this situation.

For more information:

Go to the Rehabilitation health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Tammy S Wadsworth, PT MS OCS Tammy S Wadsworth, PT MS OCS
Sports Medicine Team Member
Clinical Instructor at The School of Allied Medical Professions
College of Medicine
The Ohio State University