Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Athletic Training

Bone edema



I am a 50 year old male, I have trained in martial arts for 35 years and am an active runner. I have had an MRI and been diagnosed with some sort of bone edema in my hip and been told to give it rest. Is there more that I can do to bring healing and get back to being active.


Thanks for using NetWellness and for your question. I really think this would be a question better posed to your physician. Depending on the severity of the bone edema, you may be able to swim or do aqua jogging, but this really needs to be a decision made by your doctor based on your injury and the best way to facilitate healing. Good luck!

For more information:

Go to the Athletic Training health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Courtney Dolphin-Siegel, MEd, ATC
Assistant Trainer
College of Medicine
The Ohio State University