Allergies

Nasal

02/02/2009

Question:

Hi. I am always sneezing in the morning when I wake with watery eyes. My nose does be blocked every morning also. It could be 12.00pm again this can clear up. My throat seems to have mucus in it the whole time. Am 28yrs old with two kids. I have tried medicines which are suppose to clear your throat from mucus. But this hasn`t worked.

Answer:

It is possible that you could have allergies. I would suggest you visit with your primary care doctor and see if she/he thinks allergy treatment is appropriate. Many people with morning allergy symptoms are allergic to dust mite, so it may be helpful to limit your exposure to dust mite (check out information on AAAAI.org, search dust mite). It is also possible that you could have some chronic sinus symptoms, for this reason, it is worth a visit to the doctor before you start trying different allergy medications.

Go to the Allergies health topic, where you can:

David  Hauswirth, MD David Hauswirth, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
Pulmonary, Allergy, Crtitical Care & Sleep
Pediatrics