Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Pulmonary Hypertension

Medicine to melt scar tissue?



My mother has lupus and it has severely scarred her lungs and is starting to scar the pulmonary artery that goes from the lung to the heart ( I think that is correct?) I saw on a medical show that a woman had a tube inserted into the artery to deliver medicine to melt away the scar tissue. Is this an accurate treatment and what is it called?


The medication you are talking about is for high pressure in the vessels in the lung. Two medications can be delivered like this: flolan and Remodulin. They are not for scarring in the lung. You should discuss this further with her lung doctor

For more information:

Go to the Pulmonary Hypertension health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Namita   Sood, MD, FCCP Namita Sood, MD, FCCP
Associate Professor of Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep
College of Medicine
The Ohio State University