Urinary Disorders

Dilute Urine and Overactive Bladder

I am a 25 year old female, I have had an "overactive bladder" urinating 4-9 times a day and 4-10 times at night. I don`t drink much fluids maybe 40oz +-12oz a day, since more makes me urinate more. Lately I`ve been noticing that my urine is completely dilute (no color whatsoever) this has been for 2 days. I have noticed episodes of this is the past, but then a few days later (or when I feel dehydrated) my urine is concentrated and yellow again. I`ve been tested for diabetes mellitus, had a bladder US and lab work for BUN and creat and told everything is fine. I also get horrible migraines that are not able to be controlled by medication as fell as fatigue and sleep difficulties. I am just windering if something else could be going on? I am told the bladder issue is just overactive bladder. I was given medication but had to stop because of the horrible dry mouth.

The color of the urine may reflect your hydration status or some of the dyes from the food that you have eaten. A very clear, watery urine, generally is a dilute urine. It is difficult to determine the etiology of the frequency you describe. I would suggest that you be seen and examined by a urologist.

Go to the Urinary Disorders health topic, where you can:

Donald R Bodner, MD Donald R Bodner, MD
Professor of Urology