Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook


Semen allergy



I believe I have an allergy to my boyfriends semen but am not sure what to do in order to determine this.

I live in London and there doesn`t seem to be any professional medical bodies that know alot, if anything about this type of allergy.

Do you know of anyone in London or the UK that knows enough about this that you could recommend that I go and see?


The University of Cincinnati has a Center of Human Seminal Plasma Hypersensitivity. We have treated many patients for this distressing problem. I know of no one who treats this condition in London but I suggest that you consult Dr. Stephen Durham for further information. In the meantime your boyfriend will have to use condoms during intercourse.

For more information:

Go to the Allergies health topic, where you can:

Response by:

I Leonard Bernstein, MD I Leonard Bernstein, MD
Clinical Professor Emeritus
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati