Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Urinary Disorders

Foreskin Infection



I had intercourse with my wife and experienced foreskin tear at 2 to 3 points. As usual, I had the burning sensation while urinating. Thought, it will be alright in 2 days. After 1 week, my foreskin wounds still remain and causing severe pain while urinating. The skin over my penis also swells. I can`t wear my undergarments as it irritates the wounded fore skin. What could be the reason for the delay in wound recovery? Presently I am taking antibiotics, as prescribed by physician. Should I get a second opinion?


Hopefully you are able to pull your foreskin down over the head of your penis. If it is too swollen to pull down you have what is called paraphimosis and you need to see a Urologist quickly. If it is down it should heal unless you also have some medical condition which makes healing difficult. Diabetes, among other problems can cause delay in healing. If this continues to happen you may need a circumcision as the foreskin may get tighter and infections more common. If concerned you should see a Urologist.

For more information:

Go to the Urinary Disorders health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Marc F Cymes, PA Marc F Cymes, PA
Clinical Instructor of Urology
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University