Spine and Back Health

Paracentral and Posterocentral Protrusion

03/24/2009

Question:

I was an athlete at athe age of 22. During MRI Scan Diagnosed with l3-l4 Paracentral and posterocentral disc protrusion having annular tear causing thecal sac indentation.

Leg Raise - 90 Deg can touch floor with my hands keeping knee streight. Means im still flexible but pain is worsening and sometimes stagnant

It Has been for 1 and half years now Have tried all sort of conservative treatments(Yoga,Physiotherapy(Diathermy,IFT,Traction),Spinal Exercise,Heat) but didn`t help. So have to forget about the game.

Nothing seems working for getting back to life. Can you advise me something?? Want Help.....

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, we try to answer general questions about health but cannot diagnose or recommend treatment. You appear to have some very, very specific questions about your condition, which can only be answered properly by a physician who is familiar with your history, physical exam, and test results. Your questions about the testing results you've been given or the risks, benefits, and alternatives for proposed treatments of this condition need to be directed to your treating physician(s). You should insist that they answer these questions in a way that you are able to understand before consenting to any treatment. If your physician is unable to help you understand these issues, you should get a second opinion. Take care.

Go to the Spine and Back Health health topic, where you can:

David J Hart, MD David J Hart, MD
Associate Professor of Neurosurgery