Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Urinary and Genital Disorders (Children)

Vaginitis in a 2 Year Old Female



My daughter who is 2 has vaginitis. We have been going to doctor after doctor for 7 months now. They tested for chlamydia three times: The first one showed up negative, the second one positive, third one negative. During this 7 months not one time did they do a urine test until I took her to the ER cause of stomach pain. They found out she had a bladder infection, kidney infection, and ear infection on top it all because of vaginitis. They said she was sexually abused, but I know in my heart she was not because she is always with me. I`m a stay at home mom. I need help on what to try or what to do to make sure nothing major is wrong with her insides. What kind of doctor should I take her to see. Sincerely, the mom.


Thank you for visiting NetWellness.  It sounds like your daughter should see a pediatric urologist.

For more information:

Go to the Urinary and Genital Disorders (Children) health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Jack S Elder, MD, FACS, FAAP Jack S Elder, MD, FACS, FAAP
Clinical Professor of Urology
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University