Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Athletic Training

Go another route to get your ATC



i have been a student athletic trainer for 9 yrs and i dont want to be in college for another 2 yrs because i have been in college for 5 yrs and i would just like to know how would i go about getting my atc another way?


Unfortunately, to obain ATC credentialing from the Board of Certification, one must be a graduate of an approved CAATE curriculum program. The Internship route no longer exists.

There are a handful of master's level entry programs where you can obtain your MS in Athletic Training and then sit for the BOC examination. Please see the attached links to the BOC and to CAATE for more information.

This is a rewarding career that you already invested much time and energy into, so I hope you investigate your options.

Good luck!

Related Resources:

Board of Certification

For more information:

Go to the Athletic Training health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Vincent J O'Brien, ATC Vincent J O'Brien, ATC
Head Athletic Trainer
Clinical Instructor at the School of Allied Medical Professions
The Ohio State University