Athletic Training

Pulled hamstrings

04/03/2009

Question:

i have two athletes that have bad hamstrings. one athlete just strained her hamstring but she has pulled it before last yr and this weekend she just pulled up while she was running because she didnt want to pull it again . the second athlete has pulled both of his hamstrings and he never let them heal completely because he kept on running on them and now he is suffering because both of them are bothering him . so how would i go about getting both of these athletes back to 100% by their confrence meet in may?

Answer:

Thanks for using NetWellness! This is a good question, but one that I don't feel like I can fully answer without actually seeing the athletes. The hamstring is a very complex and dynamic muscle group and really needs a thorough evaluation by a medical professional. I would direct you to your Athletic Trainer or the students' physicians. 

Go to the Athletic Training health topic, where you can:

Courtney Dolphin-Siegel, MEd, ATC
Assistant Trainer