Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Dental and Oral Health (Adults)

Can your bite change?



I think over a few months when my upper and lower jaws come together there is a difference and now a bottom tooth makes contact on the inside of an upper one ,causing discomfort and possibly a slightly loose tooth .

What can I do ?

thank you ,


Honestly, there are several reasons that this could be occurring. Some are good and some are not. Your best decision would be to see your dentist and you can generate a plan to correct this problem. A small adjustment of the tooth could make you more comfortable and orthodontics may be needed for a long-term solution.

For more information:

Go to the Dental and Oral Health (Adults) health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Daniel Nathan Reed, DDS Daniel Nathan Reed, DDS
Clinical Associate Professor of Primary Care Dentistry
College of Dentistry
The Ohio State University