Colon Cancer

Cancer Polyps With Diarrhea and Bleeding

04/16/2009

Question:

My son, age 25, was diagnosed in California with cancer polyps in his rectum and colon. He has since been laid off, has no insurance, and moved to AZ to go to college. He now has more bleeding and diarrhea every day. Still no insurance. I am by no means able to pay for the treatments he may need. Is there a research study he would be able to apply for which takes care of treatment within the study?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. The US Department of Health and Human Services Bureau of Primary Health Care has a directory that will help you find a clinic that will give your son medical, including dental care, even if you have no medical insurance or money. Coverage For All.org also contains information about free medical care and programs in your area.

For more information about colon cancer screening, please see the questions and answers listed below.  Best wishes.

Am I being too concerned about colon cancer?
Should I get screened for colon cancer?

Go to the Colon Cancer health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org