Urinary Disorders

Little Amount of Blood After Peeing

04/17/2009

Question:

I am a 22 yr old male and am having a problem. It seems that recently I have been peeing a little blood the morning after having rougher sex with my girlfriend. I have no pain while urinating so I have dismissed bladder or uti. I have read up a lot on the net and the closest thing I can come up with is breaking vessels in the penis which is resulting in peeing a little blood. After rough sex I watch my urine closely, but it seems like I only pee blood after rough sex while having a bowel movement, and not peeing standing up. Could this be the pressure involved? I would just like to know if this is more common than I think. Thank you.

Answer:

This most likely is related to the sex and probably originates from the prostate. I would suggest that you be seen by your doctor to to check you and analyze a urine specimen to ensure that there is no blood in the urine itself.

Go to the Urinary Disorders health topic, where you can:

Donald R Bodner, MD Donald R Bodner, MD
Professor of Urology