Root Canals

Partial root canal done on calicified tooth

04/23/2009

Question:

recently I had a root canal done on a front tooth but when they did the root canal the tooth was calicified so they did not do a complete root canal I do not have an infection nor does it hurt the tooth is slightly more yellow then my other teeth what do i need to do? is this tooth going to get even darker? do I need a crown? should I get it internally bleached? also they could not put a post because of calcification. please help!

Answer:

Did you see an endodontist for treatment? If not, I would recommend that you do. Sometimes even if the tooth is calcified the endodontist can make you a space for a post if that is what is necessary for you to have a crown. 

I can not tell you what is needed for the tooth (crown, post, veneer, bleaching, etc.) because I have not evaluated you. An evaluation would help you to determine whether internal bleaching could work in your case and/or what other needs your tooth may require. 

Go to the Root Canals health topic, where you can:

Melissa McCartney Drum, DDS, MS Melissa McCartney Drum, DDS, MS
Assistant Professor of Endodontics