Crowns, Bridges, Dentures, Implants

Denture?

05/05/2009

Question:

height: 6`0 Weight: 142

I was "said" to be comatose for 56 months and 3 weeks, although it still barely feels like it`s 2000 yet?

I was in a head-on collision with a large, 18-wheel Peterbuilt truck just after graduation from High school in `98. These teeth do NOT fit and it hurts very badly to speak or chew ANYthing at all. The food in hospitals is great for forced diet. Therefore, I`ve lost about 26 lbs in the past two months.

I am finally out of rehab (yuck! Far, Far too many overly happy-pill-taking Sesame Street characters in charge).

But these teeth hurt very badly, I can barely at all speak, if even that, with this upper denture! So, My ONLY COMMUNICATION IS E-Mail and postings now.

I don`t know how to tell the dentist that these teeth hurt, especially if chewing food, or speaking, as I can barely begin to speak, without being declared as crazy or looney?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. You might try making an appointment with a prosthodontist and take a note pad and pencil with you.

Best wishes.

Go to the Crowns, Bridges, Dentures, Implants health topic, where you can:

Nancy L Clelland, DMD, MSD Nancy L Clelland, DMD, MSD
Professor of Restorative & Prosthetic Dentistry