Pulmonary Hypertension

Acute Bronchitis turn into Pneumonia

05/27/2009

Question:

I had bronchitis in March and again in May. It started out as a dry cough. It was so bad I vomited and woke up in the middle of the night and could not breath or catch my breath. Now the cough is less but there is more mucas then there was at the beginning. I have also now developed chest pains when I have to breath deeply or when I cough. I also have mild pulmonary hypertension and ra so on immunesupressants. Is there any way that I can tell if my bronchitis is gone to pneumonia?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature

Please do not hesitate to call your primary care provider or your local emergency room should you feel that you need immediate care.

Best wishes.

Go to the Pulmonary Hypertension health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org