Spine and Back Health

I Need an Interpretation of My MRI Results

06/23/2009

Question:

There is Grade 1 anterolisthesis of L5 on S1.No evidence for compression deformity of the lumbar vertibrae. At the L4/S1 level,there is a posterior disc bulge and superimposed central disc herniation mildly indenting the ventral thecal sac.Bilateral foraminal extension of the disc bulge.Bilateral foraminal narrowing due to facet hypertrophy. At the L4/5 level there is diffuse disc desiccation and posterior central disc herniation mildly indenting the ventral thecal sac.Th neural foramina are patent. the approximate conus tip lies at the L1 level.The paraspinal musculature is grossly unremarkable.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only the health professional who ordered the tests should interpret the results. Best wishes.

Go to the Spine and Back Health health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org