Pain Management

Pain on heels

I am a 28 year old woman. Over the last couple of weeks i noticed that I have severe pian on my legs below the knees. The pain is espesially severe on my heels. I have difficulty walking and can`t do any work standing up for a very long time. I have the pain is all day long. My mom and grandmother suffers rom osteoarthritis. So now I am worried I could be suffering from it too. But for my mom and grandmother the diagonosis was made in thier early 50`s. The pain is so concerning to me because I have a 2 year old son and sometimes it`s very hard for me to take care of him. Pleae advice me on what could this be and what needs to be done.

The most likely cause of your pain is a herniated disc at L5/S1. You may want to discuss this possibility with your doctor. An MRI of the lumbar spine is a good place to start investigating your clinical condition.

Go to the Pain Management health topic, where you can:

Salim M Hayek, MD, PhD Salim M Hayek, MD, PhD
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine