My 11-month-old baby`s eye is turned in

my 11 month old daughters eye turned in over night she has had eye exams in hospital that have shown that there is nothing wrong with her sight she has also had a ct scan which came back clear the doctors have said she has a small head could the two be conected or if u have any idea why this would happen

This would be difficult to determine over the Internet. If her eye definitely looks as though it is turned in, I would recommend an eye exam from an optometrist or ophthalmologist. Since she has had clear results from CT scans it most likely is not due to a compressive lesion (tumor) or a blood vessel-related problem. She probably would benefit from a comprehensive eye exam, as her binocular vision status would be evaluated and you would be able to get a professional opinion on the alignment of her eyes.

Since she is under 12 months, there is a program sponsored by the American Optometric Association (AOA) called InfantSEE which provides children 6 months-1 year a free eye exam. The Ohio State University College of Optometry is a participant in this program, as well as many private office doctors. It may be beneficial to look into this program.

In summary, without a professional evaluation it would be impossible to give you a correct answer regarding her eye alignment.

Aaron  Zimmerman, OD, MS Aaron Zimmerman, OD, MS
Clinical Associate Professor of Optometry