Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Senior Health

Blood pressure



My husband`s blood pressure on his left-side is 120/70 and his right-side is 150/80. What kind of a doctor should I take him to see and what questions should I have prepared for the doctor?


See his primary care physician. It is normal for the BP to be slightly high on the right side. Keep taking more blood pressure readings and take the record to the family physician.

For more information:

Go to the Senior Health health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Arvind   Modawal, MD, MPH, MRCGP Arvind Modawal, MD, MPH, MRCGP
Professor of Family & Community Medicine, Geriatrics and Palliative Care
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati