Athletic Training

Soft tissue structures of the lower back

07/23/2009

Question:

When I went to my massage therapist and I moved my leg I got pain in the lower and middle part of my back. She said that there is a tendon or ligament that comes from the front of my spine to connect to the pelvis bone. I can`t find any information about this any where. Can you please explain or website that would explain were this tendon would be located. A picture of this would help alot too.

Answer:

Thanks for your question and for using NetWellness. Unfortunately, I can't really give you any information on your question without knowing the exact structure that you are talking about. Many medical resources come to mind; WebMD is one that would be good to see muscle pictures. If you can ask your LMT to be more specific about the structure he or she is referring to, you could look it up on the website, which is easy to navigate. Hope this helps!

Go to the Athletic Training health topic, where you can:

Courtney D Siegel, MEd, ATC Courtney D Siegel, MEd, ATC
Assistant Athletic Trainer
Instructor of Athletic Training