Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Mental Health

Emotional Health



3 months ago my cousin donated a kidney to her husband. Since then he was in a major car accident, and she is hovering over him, causing him anxiety. He has told her he has controlled rage, and is critical of her concerns, is depressed, anxious and rages are common. What can you suggest for him and for her? She worries what will happen if his levels drop, etc.


I think that both your cousin and her husband should see a psychiatrist or a psychologist to get a better understanding of what is happening with them. A mental health specialist could diagnose depression or anxiety and address them appropriately. Treatment could be provided individually or as a couple. 

For more information:

Go to the Mental Health health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Radu   Saveanu, MD Radu Saveanu, MD
Associate Professor
College of Medicine
The Ohio State University