Urinary Tract Cancers

Scrotal Lump

09/01/2009

Question:

In June of this year, my husband noticed a small lump, about the size of a marble, on the bottom of his left testicle. It goes down, almost away, after ejaculation, but returns, never getting bigger than a small marble. However, it begins to hurt after about 3 days or so with no ejaculation. He has no pain or trouble having sex or going to the bathroom, and no other symptoms of any kind. I have looked all over the Internet and can`t seem to find anything with these symptoms. I would really appreciate some help! Thank you.

Answer:

What you describe sounds like a cyst on the epididymis or spermatocele. These are separate from the testicle. They are very common and not a clinical problem. It is important for your husband to be examined by his physician to be sure that there is not a mass in the testicle itself which could repesent a tumor of the testicle.

Go to the Urinary Tract Cancers health topic, where you can:

Donald R Bodner, MD Donald R Bodner, MD
Professor of Urology