Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

Penial Retraction



I am a healthy active 63 year old man and within the last 6-12 months noticed that my penis has nearly inverted. I`ve gone from a normal 5-6 inches to maybe 1". I can still have erections but obviously they are much reduced in size. What can I do to restore some or all of what`s missing? Please help!


Size of the genital does not change. The portion exposed is an ever changing situation and it has to do with increase in pubic fat pad causing concealed penis. Weight loss can restore the original size and sometimes surgical reduction of public fat pad may assist in exposing the genital.

For more information:

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Ahmad  Hamidinia, MD Ahmad Hamidinia, MD
Formerly, Professor of Clinical Surgery
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati