Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

Premature Ejaculation and Paxil/Paroxetine

10/14/2009

Question:

Hello! I know there are two ways to take paxil/paroxetine for PME, daily and on-demand. I was wondering, if taken daily, is spontaneous sex rather than scheduled sex possible? What other differences are there between daily and on-demand?

Answer:

Of course, any medication taken for long term may have side effects as well as economical burden. I addition the effect may be reduced due to resistant to the side effect of this drug, namely retardation of the ejaculation. Serotonin reuptake inhibitors, such as Paxil, have their highest effect (here is side effect) within two weeks of daily use. However, they do have similar effect but to a lesser degree taken periodically. If PME is caused by depression then daily dose would be preferred. If there is no underlying depression and side effect of Paxil is sought then periodic use might be practiced. One has to deal with scheduled sex if this approach is followed.

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Ahmad  Hamidinia, MD Ahmad Hamidinia, MD
Formerly, Professor of Clinical Surgery