Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Urinary and Genital Disorders (Children)

Inverted Penis



My 11 yr old son has an inverted penis. When he was 7 yrs old we had him looked at, they said it was baby fat and to do nothing. It is still inverted. What can we do? Are there any procedures to make him normal?


There is an operation that can correct it, but in 11 year old boys I prefer to wait until they are significantly into puberty, because with pubertal growth the genital appearance can change quite a bit as the penis grows. Also, if he is overweight, a weight loss program is important. In men who are overweight, every 35 pounds will cause the penis to appear 1 inch shorter.

For more information:

Go to the Urinary and Genital Disorders (Children) health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Jack S Elder, MD, FACS, FAAP Jack S Elder, MD, FACS, FAAP
Clinical Professor of Urology
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University