Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Mouth Diseases

Do I Need to See a Doctor?



My son 21 years old has several ulcers in his mouth and his top inner lip has split and red and the lower lip is beginning to split in the corner. what do you think is the problem. I have had him to wash with warm salt water and place ice on the lip area.


Because your son has several different issues, I hesitate to venture a guess without seeing the ulcers and his lips personally. I recommend that he see his dentist as soon as possible (while the ulcers and lip splits are fresh) for an examination, diagnosis and treatment, if any is needed.

Good luck!

For more information:

Go to the Mouth Diseases health topic, where you can:

Response by:

John R Kalmar, DMD, PhD John R Kalmar, DMD, PhD
Clinical Professor of Pathology
College of Dentistry
The Ohio State University