Spot When I Blink and Lines Tend to Curve!

10/22/2009

Question:

Hi Doctor! I have a question about my vission, I have extrabismo since I was born I use Glasses, my left eye is normal vission but my rught eye 80%. I am a Music producer, work a lot in computers in Miami and I am starting to have these problems since last year. They appeared for 2 months and and six months later came back for good. when to the Doctor last year but at the moment was gone, and I haven`t visit her now that the problem is on.

Symptoms: 1.-my right eye When I blink I see like a dark Spot like the "Pacman game" maybe you remember. 2.-my right eye all things look A little dark. example a light Yellow lokks like dark yellow more intense. 3.my right eye, seeing vertical lines I tend to see a light curve in the middle. so when I drive i have to close my right eye to make sure everything is fine and no tornado came to florida jajaja.

my NO professional opinion is that everything I related with the same spot when I blink. I am really worry about this issue. do you think I am going to be able to fix this problem with surgery or treatment. I preffer treatment hopefully. and what do you recommend for an inssured person like me.

Thanks. I really appreciate what you do for your human family brothers and sisters around the world, May God Always bless you. Amén

Answer:

I'd recommend another complete eye examination by an optometrist or ophthalmologist. It would be helpful if you could get copies of all your previous eye exams and take them with you to your next appointment.

Your eye doctor will first determine if the vision can be corrected equally in both eyes and will then measure your ocular muscle function (alignment) at distance and near, as well as check you for any eye diseases.  If this complete eye examination does not diagnose your problem, you may need to be referred to a specialist.

Robert D Newcomb, OD, MPH, FAAO Robert D Newcomb, OD, MPH, FAAO
Professor Emeritus of Clinical Optometry