Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Mouth Diseases

Mouth Bumps



I have this watery sac on the thing under my tongue, i have noticed it. It hasn`t always been there and i have asked my family member who is a nurse and they say it may be irritated skin.. what could it be?


Thank you for visiting NetWellness. From your description it sounds like you may have a condition known as a mucocele. For more information please refer to the NetWellness article on the condition Mucocele. NetWellness may also have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

For more information:

Go to the Mouth Diseases health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Carl M Allen, DDS, MSD Carl M Allen, DDS, MSD
Professor Emeritus of Oral Pathology
College of Dentistry
The Ohio State University