Myasthenia Gravis

Question for myasthenia gravis

my sister got diagnosed with myasthenia gravis at age 39 . She lives in Croatia , however . there doctors try to give med which is Decortin and Mestinon. I did send her vitamin B12 and B6 I could not find a B1 so my question is please what else I can ? am massage therapist but unreservedly am here MS carriere so far too far , sadly I can only send her some vitamins .please what is a latest treatments cure, medication? Also Is this in genes ? Thanks lots ,

The best plan is to have your sister see a neurologist who is experienced with treating MG. Your sister may well be seeing an experienced physician as the two medicines -- mestinon and Decortin (prednisone) -- are commonly used to treat MG. I was not able to find a neurological center in Croatia, but I was making progress by using GOOGLE. I would suggest that you pursue that avenue.

MG is not hereditary, per se, but occasionally family members are affected.

Hope this helps.

Go to the Myasthenia Gravis health topic, where you can:

John G Quinlan, MD John G Quinlan, MD
Professor of Neurology