Since 1995 - Non Profit Healthcare Advice

What Are Treatments for Sensitivity in Teeth?



What are treatments for sensitivity in adult teeth?


You can try over-the-counter products for sensitive teeth such as Sensodyne toothpaste or Crest sensitive toothpaste.  You can also try ACT fluoride rinse.  It may take a week or so for these products to start working. 

You can also visit your dentist as there are professional products such as fluoride varnish that can be applied.  You should really see your dentist first to find out the cause of the sensitivity.  If it is a cavity, these products will not work.  If it is root sensitivity caused by the gums receding, these products may work for you.

For more information:

Go to the Dental Hygiene health topic.