Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

Phimosis

12/10/2009

Question:

Sir, I am a male of 50 years with a problem of tight foreskin as a result of which foreskin can not fully stretch to open the head of penis. When I contacted a surgeon, he examined the flaccid penis and advised me to do manual gentle stretching of penis frequently and that phimosis is not that severe warranting surgery. By continuous stretching and sliding, my foreskin has started loosening, but when while the penis is erect, I face the same problem that the foreskin does not retract and only small part of head sommes. Will conntinuous stretching of penis resolve the issue? I need your guidance. Thank you.

Answer:

Unfortunately, phimosis does not resolve just by stretching of the foreskin. There are times that combination of steroid and anti fungal ointment may resolve the problem but recurrence is always follows. The best treatment is circumcision.

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Ahmad  Hamidinia, MD Ahmad Hamidinia, MD
Formerly, Professor of Clinical Surgery